As a photographer you always have to keep track of your exposure settings. Remembering the all important exposure triangle.
The type of photo you are trying to create will determine your camera settings.
And don’t let anyone fool you into thinking that there are particular settings that work in every situation! I am looking at you, Instagram influencers!
Remember that each of these setting effects the others. If you need to keep your aperture narrow, you will need to use a slower shutter speed and/or a higher ISO to get a proper exposure (in most cases).
All of the exposure settings are inter-related!
Support The Nerdy Photographer!
Did you find this infographic helpful? Please be sure to support The Nerdy Photographer in the following ways:
- Share this article with your friends!
- Subscribe to The Nerdy Photographer Podcast
- Head over to my Facebook page and leave a comment
- Follow @thenerdyphoto on Instagram and leave a comment there
- Hit me up on Twitter @thenerdyphoto
- And be sure to tell me what you would like to learn about next!
Or feel free to browse our archives of photography tips and techniques.
Get more tips and tricks delivered to your inbox!
Sign up for our newsletter and get helpful articles like this one delivered to your email inbox.