Going to WPPI 2023? That’s the Wedding and Portrait Photographers International, if you aren’t familiar with the organization. Long time friend of the show and frequent guest (perhaps most frequent now?) Leighton DaCosta is back to give us a preview of what’s in store for WPPI 2023 in Las Vegas!
However, we don’t just discuss the largest photography convention in this episode. Our talk also extends to why photographers need to have insurance, both on their gear as well as liability insurance. Trust us, you don’t want to have your equipment covered under your homeowner’s or renter’s policy.
As if that wasn’t enough, we also touch on machine learning and how AI can help a photographer’s business. I am delving more into artificial intelligence on a future episode (be sure to subscribe so you do not miss out) but Leighton and I discuss some topics I had not considered previously.
Stream the Episode
Listen to the episode using the player below or listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or click here for a wider selection of podcast platforms.
This episode includes promos for the following:
- Fast and secure website hosting from Siteground
- Let’s Be Real Unposed Photography Prompts
- Free Trial of Audible Plus
Support the Podcast
- Leave reviews! Reviews help a lot. Seriously, every new review helps us reach new listeners who might not find the podcast. You can leave reviews for the Nerdy Photographer on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser, and GoodPods (those last two you can rate and review individual episodes). Did I mention that we are now the NUMBER ONE indie photography podcast on GoodPods?
- Tell people about The Nerdy Photographer Podcast!
- Follow @thenerdyphoto on Instagram
- Follow @thenerdyphoto on TikTok
- Grab yourself some photography merchandise like t-shirts, mugs, and stickers!
About My Guest
Leighton DaCosta, or “LD” as many know him by, is a Wedding and Fine Art Portrait Photographer based in Southern California. He started his photography business more than 15 years ago while serving in the Navy. Due to the military requirements, he learned to make his studio “interstate mobile” as he has operated for extended periods in Virginia, Florida, Utah, Georgia, South Carolina, and California. He’s conducted photo assignments in exotic and remote places such as Dubai, Jamaica, and Aruba; as well as several years flying over Afghanistan.
When not creating content of his own, Leighton diligently works at educating photographers and others in the industry in not only content creation but also in business practices geared for the creative.
You can check out Leighton’s website at LeightonD.com, and follow along with him on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Heading to WPPI?
Say hello to Leighton if you see him! Or any of the many other former guests on the show who will be there. And tell everyone you meet about the podcast. Should the Nerdy Photographer make an appearance one of these years? Head over to our Instagram, Twitter, or TikTok and let us know!