It’s spooky season, and, in this episode of The Nerdy Photographer Podcast, we take a look at a VERY creepy photography related movie, One Hour Photo. This 2002 Robin Williams film about a photo technician who becomes obsessed with a family takes us back to a time before digital cameras and phone cameras when many people were still getting film developed.
I invited Josh from the For Nerds by Nerds Podcast to join me to take a look at this disturbing motion picture. We ponder how times have changed since this movie was released, both in the sense of how we as a society partake in photography and general societal norms.
There are definitely some things in this movie that would not play out the same way today.
Want to listen along with our commentary? Rent or buy the movie from Amazon or you can currently stream on HBO MAX.
Stream the Episode
Stream the episode below or click here to listen on your choice of podcast platforms. While you’re at it, be sure to subscribe to the Nerdy Photographer Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
Support The Nerdy Photographer
Have you ever found yourself wondering, “How can I support the Nerdy Photographer Podcast?” Luckily for you, there are many ways you can help this independent photography podcast, and most of them don’t even involve money!
- Start by subscribing to the podcast!
- Next, tell people about the podcast – friends, enemies, strangers you meet on the street…it doesn’t matter.
- Leave a review. Wherever you can, but these are 3 great places to leave reviews: Apple Podcasts, Podchaser, and GoodPods
- Get social and follow us on these platforms: Instagram, Twitter, or TikTok
- Join our Facebook Group
- Join the Subreddit
- Dig into your wallet and head over to the support page.
About My Guest
Or you can click here to listen to For Nerds by Nerds on your favorite podcast platform!
This episode contains promos for:
- Ye Olde Crime Podcast
- Let’s Be Real Unposed Photography Prompts
- The GoodPods Podcast App
- Reverie True Crime Podcast