Have you ever felt like you could be doing more to give back to the community you live in? Perhaps through your photography? In this episode of The Nerdy Photographer Podcast, I speak with Connecticut photographer, Lindsey Turner, about working with charities and non-profits.
And working with these organizations does not just mean donating your time and services for free. You can work with organizations who pay you just like a corporate client, it is just that they are a non-profit organization.
Also, finding a way to work with these charitable organizations doesn’t have to mean taking photos, either. Photographers wear a lot of different hats, and perhaps it could mean using your skills with social media or graphics software to help out.
Lindsey and I dive into many different ways you can help out other and help yourself in the process. Tune in and listen.
Stream the Episode & Subscribe!
Stream the episode below or click here to listen on your choice of podcast platforms. While you’re at it, be sure to subscribe to the Nerdy Photographer Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or wherever you get podcasts!
Support The Nerdy Photographer
Want to help The Nerdy Photographer Podcast? Here are a few simple (and mostly free) ways you can do that:
- Tell your friends about the podcast.
- Follow @thenerdyphoto on Instagram
- Like the Nerdy Photographer Facebook page
- Follow @thenerdyphoto on Twitter
- Get some Nerdy Photographer merchandise
- Pick up some photography resources from our store
- If you’re feeling extra generous, check out our support page.
Lindsey Turner is the owner of Lindsey Victoria Photography based in Litchfield County, Connecticut. She specializes in lifestyle newborn and family photography and branding photography for small businesses and professionals. Her superpower is putting people at ease and cultivating connection. Lindsey studied classical voice in college, released a jazz album in her early 20s, and spent 15+ years behind the scenes for NY and CT Arts Nonprofits in Development and PR & Marketing. She now serves families and professionals through her photography in Litchfield County, Connecticut and NYC. She is an active volunteer in her community and loves helping others thrive.
Organizations Lindsey Mentioned In the Episode:
- Oliver Wolcott Library in Litchfield, Connecticut
- Litchfield Performing Arts, the parents organization which runs the Litchfield Jazz Festival and Litchfield Jazz Camp in Litchfield County, Connecticut.
- Litchfield Economic Development Commission – Facebook | Instagram