If you’re like me, creating properly sized graphics for every form of social media can be a real pain in the ass.
Oh, I need to resize this for OPTIMAL size for a Twitter header? How about a custom YouTube thumbnail? What size is an Instagram story supposed to be?
If you don’t want your images to crop strangely (and if you’re adding graphic elements or text that can be a real issue), you need to find all the different sizes and manually crop, resize, create different versions…
OR you can use Snappa!
What is Snappa?
Snappa is an online application that allows you to create properly sized graphics for dozens of different types of social media content. Here’s just a sample of the pre-sized templates you would have at your fingertips once you sign up…
You can also create graphics of custom sizes to fit your whatever your graphic needs might be, such as Instagram stories (which are optimally sized at 1080 pixels wide by 1920 pixels tall, by the way), which they don’t have a template for…yet. My guess is one will be coming…or it should be. DO YOU HEAR ME, SNAPPA?!?!?
Snappa also has HUNDREDS of pre-designed layout templates for you to choose from. You can use them as they are or customize them to your needs.
Editor’s Note: If you choose a custom size, there is no choice of templates. My suggestion would be, if you want to use one of the templates, choose a standard size at the beginning that closely resembles the ratio you’re going to want in the end, and then resize your graphic after you choose a template.
That’s right! You can resize them after you design. You’ll have to nudge things around as the resizing isn’t perfect but you’ll still have all of your elements.
Tons of Features and Assets
This versatile app includes:
- A fully-featured graphics editor – drag and drop your elements, create effects, move elements around on layers.
- Over 500,000+ photos, 70,000+ graphics and 200+ fonts. All photos and graphics are 100% royalty-free and licensed for commercial use.
- Have your own photos or graphics you want to use? Simply upload them into Snappa and they’re available for use.
- Save and organize your work into different folders (Instagram, YouTube, blog, ads, etc., etc.)
- Import your own custom fonts! Have a font that you ALWAYS use for your business that isn’t available? Upload it!
- Publish directly to social media – you can publish directly to 2 social media accounts with the free plan, the paid plan allows for unlimited social accounts!
Yes, you can use Snappa for free. Do you get all of the features with the free app? No. The free version is a bit limited but it doesn’t cost you anything to try it out and see if it would be worth it to you to upgrade to the paid version, which is still pretty inexpensive at $10 per month considering all of the features.
Here are three graphics I created in literally under five minutes:
Ready to give it a try?
So, do you want to create eye-catching graphics for social media, ads, your blog, and more? Give Snappa a try! Hey, it’s free – if you don’t like it, don’t pay for it!
[flo_button url=”https://nerdyphotographer.com/recommends/snappa” style=”grey” size=”small” type=”square” target=”_blank”] Try Snappa for free! [/flo_button]